चर्चा:आंतरराष्ट्रीय ध्वन्यात्मक वर्णमाला
and help to update IPA related aspects of this page.
Mahitgar 12:58, 9 सप्टेंबर 2006 (UTC)
Did not understand संपादन करा
- What is it that you're looking for?
अभय नातू 17:01, 9 सप्टेंबर 2006 (UTC)
- frankly even after spending some time on english wiki I have not understood it correctly uptill now.en:International Phonetic Alphabet
What I have understood is,The way devanagari is a pronounciation based script and is having different 'अक्षर चिन्हे '(Diatrics) for the same ; The International lingust community has developed simmiller, claimed to be better and as an international standard for expression of pronounciation each letter and pronounciation of each and every world languages.
- And that the english and other language wiki communities seem to be already at consensus and are using thoes IPA pronounciations for all the words written in every language.
- So what ever Marathi alphabates/words we use their pronounciations are prefered to be shown, along with IPA standard for the benefit of international community.
- How does it benefit us
one is all article relating to any subject that is reffered as of Marathi origin can be can be expressed (written) in Marathi script along with IPA diatrics on English and other language wikis.Basicaly we can promote and use our own pronounciations internationaly with lesser difficulty.
- Second is It might help us in improving co-operation even among Indic languages ,and also the fact is we always discuss majior chunk articles from english only to translate
Mahitgar 17:57, 9 सप्टेंबर 2006 (UTC)
- I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I know nothing of Marathi, but do know something of the IPA. I'm making some minor corrections on the page, and will try to find out the things you have question marks on. Kwamikagami २१:५१, १६ एप्रिल २००९ (UTC)
By all means, do contribute.
अभय नातू २१:५८, १६ एप्रिल २००९ (UTC)
- One minor formating point: ligatures are not accepted by the IPA. Therefore [dʑ] is the correct transription, as you have in the upper table, not the combined [ʧ] etc. you have in the lower table. Kwamikagami २२:१४, १६ एप्रिल २००९ (UTC)